- +44 (0)117 918 1387
Use of Jersey companies: IPO's
Jersey companies are frequently used by international groups (e.g. Russian or CIS groups) as parent companies, listing the Jersey parent company in an IPO.
Over 100 Jersey companies are listed on global stock exchanges, including the LSE Main Market, AIM, NASDAQ and HKSE.
The key advantages of using a Jersey holding company for an IPO include:
- Blue-chip financial centre (highest rated offshore international financial centre in the Global Financial Centres Index).
- Same time-zone as London.
- No Jersey tax or withholding taxes.
- No stamp duty payable on the transfer or issue of shares.
- Shares may be held or traded in uncertificated form.
Intermediate holding companies (e.g. UK holding companies) can be used to mitigate foreign withholding taxes on profit distributions.