Phil Austin - Chairman's Introduction
Karen Methold - Partner (Wealth Planning) Rooks Rider
UK Residential Property Holding Structures - The UK Tax Position
The position pre-Budget 2012
* Finance Act 2012 the key changes
* April 2013 : Proposed changes in 31/5/12 Con Doc
- the Annual Charge
* What to do?
- Structuring new acquisitions: partnerships, trusts, and foundations
- Existing holdings: the restructuring options
* Thoughts for the future – where is all this leading?
James John - Partner, ( Real Estate) Rooks Rider
UK Residential Property Holding Structures - The Practical Issues
* The Market
* The legal and restructuring issues facing offshore trustees and offshore directors
Martin Palmer - Director and Principal, Jordans International Limited
* UK/Jersey DTA
- Experience in 2012
* UK/Hong Kong DTA
- a new spring board for the UK non-resident company?
* The National Grid Indus Case
- the end of exit taxes in Europe?
- HMRC’s problem with the European Commission: s 720 ITA 2007 and s13 TCGA 1992
Debbie Payne - Director, PWC
* The Foreign Accounts Tax Compliances Act (FATCA)
- Summary of the key FATCA provision relevant to Jersey T & CSPs
- Administration requirements
- Minimising Compliance Burdens