Yacht and Ship Registration
The UK Ship Register is one of the best performing flags in the major Port State Control regimes, and has a reputation for maintaining the highest international standards.
Some of the advantages of registering are;
- The 'UK Flag' is one of the top performing flags on the Paris MoU and Tokyo MoU 'white lists'
- The UK is included on the US Coastguard's Qualship 21 initiative
- Dedicated Customer Service - focused assistance throughout and after registration
- Registration costs amongst the lowest available with no annual renewal fees
- UK Tonnage Tax incentive - alternative method of calculating corporation tax profits based on ship net tonnage
- The UK has met the Paris MOU flag criteria for low risk ships so UK ships are not targeted for Port State Control inspections
- ISPS plan approvals and verification audits at no cost to owners and operators
- An international reputation for expert advice and guidance with a proactive leading role at the IMO, EU and Quality Shipping Committees
- Worldwide security threat level information provided to UK registered ships with support for British
- Nationals on board from British Consuls and Royal Navy protection dependent on the availability of assets and the nature of the threat
- MCA Quality Assurance offers certification to ISO 9001(2008) and ISO 14001(2004) standards with audits being taken in harmonisation with ISM & ISPS
- Alternate Compliance Scheme - for eligible vessels, statutory surveys (except ISM, ISPS and ILO) are delegated to Classification Societies without a formal appointment